All students in the Frederick feeder system have the opportunity to attend preschool at Spark! Discovery Preschool.
Spark! Discovery Preschool serves all families and children in the Carbon Valley community. We offer a comprehensive early learning program focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). We serve nearly 300 preschoolers in the Frederick High School Feeder, including those that will later attend Centennial Elementary, Legacy Elementary, Prairie Ridge Elementary and Thunder Valley K-8.
Spark’s preschool program is family focused and the standards-based curriculum promotes learning through play and discovery. One of the main goals of the preschool program is to prepare children for kindergarten.
We offer the following preschool programs:
- Tuition programs for 3 and 4 year old children (4 half-day sessions)
- Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) for eligible 4 year old children (4 half-day sessions)
- Special Education services for eligible preschool at our site children 3 to 5 year old children (4 half-day sessions to meet individual needs).
- We work collaboratively with Spark! Discovery Preschool’s Child Find Department in the assessment, identification and programming for children with disabilities from birth to age 5.
Learn more about Spark!Discovery Preschool
At registration, you are required to bring or acknowledge the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- Health and Immunization Record
- $65.00 non-refundable registration fee
- Understand that your child must be toilet trained
- A Health Record Form will be provided and must be filled out by a physician prior to the beginning of school